Puddleducks is a popular, registered pre-school set in the grounds of Haylands Primary School. All enquiries should be made to the supervisor, Mrs Ruth Millward, who can be contacted by:
Tel: (01983) 617185
Puddleducks is part of the extended school which Haylands is proud to have achieved. The Governing Body of Haylands manage the pre-school, in conjunction with the Foundation Stage Leader, Mrs Nicola Lacey. We offer high quality care and education for children aged 2 years 10 months to 5 years.
We are open Monday to Friday term time only, running in line with Haylands Primary School. Sessions are 9am to 11.30am, 12.30 to 3pm or all day 9am to 3pm.
Aims and Objectives
To create a happy welcoming environment where children, parents/carers, and staff work together to provide experiences and opportunities to help every child reach their full learning potential in all areas of early years development, i.e. social, emotional, intellectual, physical and language/communication:
- To provide a stimulating environment where children feel happy, relaxed and secure, enabling them to partake in numerous activities designed to enhance the development of the children within the Foundation Stage.
- To welcome parents/carers as partners in the children’s learning and to encourage their involvement whenever possible.
- Partnership with the family, pre-school and the community.
- Provision of an environment for the children to explore, experiment, experience and learn in a practical first-hand way.
- Value the importance of play and communication with children and adults.
- Building on what your child already knows.
- No child should be excluded or disadvantaged because of ethnicity, culture, religion, home language, special needs disability or gender.
New Play Area
The outdoor play area has been extended, remodelled and re-equipt.
With more shelter and good run-off, more use can be made in less than ideal weather, encouraging outdoor play.