Vision & Ethos and School Prospectus
At Haylands Primary School we strive to:
- encourage an enthusiasm for learning that will last a lifetime.
- ensure positive relationships based on friendship, respect and inclusion.
- promote “Growth Mindsets” achieving our best through effort and determination.
- provide the highest quality teaching together with an engaging curriculum.
- actively model the Hand in Hand Values and learner characteristics every day.
Hand Values and Learner Characteristics
At Haylands we want learners who show:
Care : demonstrate empathy, kindness, compassion and support
Respect : take responsibility for themselves and others, making good choices, thinking about the needs of others
Co-operation : collaborate positively with effective team work
Independence : concentrate, avoid distractions, ask questions and make decisions, reflect and improve, receive and give positive feedback
Imagination : think creatively, make good use of ideas, be curious
Enthusiasm : positive, always happy to have a go, want to have fun and achieve Aspiration: strive and dream of the best future for yourself and for others
Perseverance: challenge ourselves, don’t give up, stickability, see mistakes as part of learning, be resilient, keep a growth mindset